Thursday, January 24, 2008

Status report 1/14-1/18

What I said/did:
>
> - Monday is likely going to be all BSAR stuff. Tweaking the presentation,
> cleaning up some recent changes I made to the specs, and incorporating
> feedback from the meeting.

The meeting went as expected, I learned that while I had a good starting
point, there are quite a few changes that need to made. I've re-written
the specs since then and posted a list of questions on the blog. I'll
give a few days for answers, incorporate those, and send out the new
version of the specs for more comments.

> - There's a meeting Swee set up with the ODS people to discuss a specific
> issue we've been having. It's on Tuesday at 2pm if you care to join us.

Went well. Hashed out issues regarding dirty data and functional/organizational concerns.

> - The rest of the week is going to be spent wrestling with Photoshop (a
> new toy for me) and redoing the eCAFE specs with the goal of getting the
> first version out to current board members at the end of the week.

When I wrote this, I had forgotten that the next usage period for staff
starts this coming week. My time has been spent making sure accounts are
ready to go and other last minute setup stuff. This would be easier if
people were better about returning their phone calls.

I did do some work on the eCAFE specs, but there's a ways to go.

> - The caveat to the previous item is that Swee leaves on Thursday, so
> Thursday/Friday may be taken up with unknowns depending on where she is
> with the database stuff.

She did a good job. BTW, in talking to the people that used eCAFE last
semester, everyone has good things to say about Swee. The general
consensus is that she was very prompt in answering emails, conscientious
about her work, and in general left a positive impression. Thought I
would pass that on.

Next week:

- Release to staff users. Set up HCC campus-wide.
- Volunteering at TIP conference for most of the week, and there's a holiday on Monday, so I'll work in eCAFE/BSAR specs as I can, but I'm not expecting much.

No comments: