Friday, March 7, 2008

Status Report: 3/3-3/7

What I said/did:

- Open the original eCAFE up to instructors.

Done. Been answering the inevitable questions that result from it. On a side note, S and I agreed on an arrangement for answering emails. We'll alternate weeks for now, adjusting/pitching-in as needed. We had a few missteps where we both answered the same email, hence the need for the arrangement. I just wanted to let you know this since you are on the mailing list now and might think that she was shirking the job. This was my week, next week it's all her.

- Factor D's most recent comments into the BSAR specs.

Didn't happen. Pushing this to next week.

- Rework the specs to account for the Women's Studies changes (once approved).

Done and posted to the blog.

- Work on implementing the staff features (this will be a repeating item on my list for the next month or so).

Ongoing.

In other news: I did the summary of other schools' experiences with going to an online evaluation system, and posted it to the blog. I haven't yet heard back any feedback on it, or on any of the ideas that came out of it.

I've also been trying to re-work part of the database that just seems... well, messy. It works, but I'm sure there's a better way to arrange things so it's more intuitive, yet I've been unable to see another way to do it. These few tables are a hold out from the last version and I think I'm so used to seeing them, that my brain won't drop them for another way.

Next week:
- Factor D's most recent comments into the BSAR specs.
- Implementing staff features.
- Reading up on MySQL and maybe some other technologies for BSAR.

No comments: