Friday, March 7, 2008

Status Report: 2/25-2/29

What I said/did:

> - Hook up the new eCAFE to MySQL and start adding parts back in (copy
> code from the old eCAFE and edit it for the new schema).

Done. I have the stripped-down eCAFE working off my local MySQL server, and I've started adding basic functionality back in and editing it all for the new schema.

> - Once I have the changes to the schema finished, I'll add more tables in
> the MySQL database as necessary.

Made many changes, posted the new schema to the blog along with a listing of what changed between each revision and why. I'm creating tables in the db as they become necessary for implementing code/functionality.

> - Try to get some meetings with users.

I had a meeting with the chair of the Women's Studies department today (finally), and it was a very productive conversation. We came around to a different way of handling some things. I'm working on a post and an email to send to all interested parties to put the changes out there and get feedback. Assuming the changes are ok with everyone, then I'll do the necessary revisions to the schema.

Next week:
- Open the original eCAFE up to instructors.
- Factor Darrell's most recent comments into the BSAR specs.
- Rework the specs to account for the Women's Studies changes (once approved).
- Work on implementing the staff features (this will be a repeating item on my list for the next month or so).

No comments: